Thursday, April 7, 2011

Garlic Baked Asparagus


Fun fact: eat asparagus and your pee will smell like it! =)

Makes you want to eat a bunch of asparagus right? I know!  

Growing up when we had asparagus it was covered in salt, pepper and cheese cheese cheese! That is the only way I ever had asparagus until I was older and started cooking for myself.  My Momma knew that it wasn’t healthy but it was what my Dad liked it she went with it.  

I wanted to be able to enjoy asparagus without all the fatty cheese so I have been experimenting.  You can bake, fry or boil.  I have done all 3 and my favorite way is baked.  It turns out perfect every time.  This is so simple I don't like to call it a recipe but sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!

SOURCE: ME

INGREDIENTS

½ lb. asparagus
PAM
Seasoning Salt
Pepper
1 – 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 inch pan with PAM.
Place asparagus in pan with all of seasonings and garlic.
Cook for 15-20 minutes (or until done to your liking).

Healthy and delicious….win, win!


No comments:

Post a Comment